Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday, August 22nd

Hello everyone, we have had a wonderful day with our 2 boys. We went to visit this morning and they played with their water guns again. They played on the slide and chased each other. As you can see, Papa got into the water battle also.

After our morning visit we went back to our motel and checked out. We are staying at a health resort. They have mineral waters to help people with skin problems. I know it sounds like we are in luxury but remember this is Ukraine not America. We do have a beautiful view as you can see in the below picture. We know we will stay here for the next 2 weeks. Not sure after that.

Our facilitator Natalia went home for the weekend so we went to the orphanage this afternoon just the 2 of us. We did not take the water guns and the boys were a little disappointed but they got so dirty this morning we felt we needed to only take them once a day. We did fine communicating. We have showed them picture books and tell them the word in English and they repeat it.

Micah repeats everything we say. I think they will pick up on English pretty quick.
Micah is also very strong willed. Today he kicked Luke in the back when they were playing on the slide. We had to get on to him and comfort Luke. Boys will be boys no matter where you are.

As you can see in the picture they love juice. We brought them to sippy cups and they liked drinking out of those. Micah loves bananas and Luke loves apples. You should see Micah eat. He grabs the banana and tries to shove the whole thing in his mouth (peel and all) They also like cheese crackers.

We are very tired tonight and missing our bed but God has been so faithful that we cannot complain. Thanks to everyone who has left comments. We need your words of encouragement.

Pastor, James is missing you too. Hopefully we will only be here about 3 more weeks if everything goes well.

Ginger- Thanks for taking care of my baby Eli.

Aultman's we appreciate your prayers!!

Both our Mom's we Love you!!! Your phone calls keep us going!!

Chris Hayes,Chris Gann, B&B, Faith Worship and Medassist- James and I appreciate your support and miss you all!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holcombes! My name is Libby Jacobson and I am friends with Donna Houston. She told me all about your precious boys and I was so happy to be able to follow along your journey via the blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny & James,
I was so excited to read your blog today and realize that you are getting 2 boys!! Micah & Luke are both absolutely adorable!! I know you are both thrilled & very proud. I hope everything continues to go well and I will keep you all in my prayers!! I will continue to read your blog as your journey continues..
Love,
Becky West

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny & James,
I was so excited to read your blog today and realize that you are getting 2 boys!! Micah & Luke are both absolutely adorable!! I know you are both thrilled & very proud. I hope everything continues to go well and I will keep you all in my prayers!! I will continue to read your blog as your journey continues..
Love,
Becky West

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny & James,
I was so excited to read your blog today and realize that you are getting 2 boys!! Micah & Luke are both absolutely adorable!! I know you are both thrilled & very proud. I hope everything continues to go well and I will keep you all in my prayers!! I will continue to read your blog as your journey continues..
Love,
Becky West

Dottie said...

Just want you to know how HAPPY I am for you two. Luke and Micah are precious and I love seeing pictures of the 4 of you. I can see you two with bleacher lines on your backside ... from watching your boys play T-ball, soccer ... whatever. I figure Micah will be the first one to sign up ... so he can use up some of his energy ... HA! HA! Praying you 4 will continue to bond and will be safe. Can't wait until you get back home. Love the pictures of PaPa with Luke on his shoulders and fixing Micah's watergun. And, MaMa, you look very happy / caring / loving with your boys.
God bless ...

Allison said...

Hey James and Penny,
The gang at B&B are enjoying keeping up with you and the boys through the blog. We can see you are making a quick bond with the boys. We love checking everyday to see what is going on!! We miss ya'll and everyone says hello!!
The Gang

Ann said...

Hi Penny & James,

Bubushka Haney shared the wonderful news with us that your family now includes 2 sons. What a blessing for all of you! I must say they are handsome young guys! "Sing to God, sing praises to His name, cast up a highway for Him Who rides through the deserts--His name is the Lord--be in high spirits and lgory before Him! A father of the fatherless and a judge and protector of the widows is God in His holy habitation. God places the solitary in families and gives the desolate a home in which to dwell..." (Psalm 68:4-6) God has truly placed Luke and Micah in your family. We rejoice with you as the Lord has fulfilled your desires. May His wisdom and grace be upon you both as you embark on this exciting journey.
Blessings from Texas,
Ann Ross

Anonymous said...

Hi James and Penny,

This is your crazy neighbor across the street "Kenny". We miss seeing you guy's and just to let you know everything is fine here.I have only discharged 3 boxes of amo keeping the neighborhood in line. Seeing you guy's so happy together is a wonderful sight. Southside will never be the same once the family returns.

God Bless you,
Kenny Owensby

Anonymous said...

Hello, The boys are wonderful. James and I are rejoicing with you and of course can hardly wait until you are home. In the mean time you need to be teaching them the words Aunt Martha. Boys are so much fun. Luke and Micah are so cute. Take care and we will be praying for all of you and that the time will pass quickly.
Martha

Anonymous said...

Hey Penny and James,
Luke and Micah are so cute! Jon and I are so happy and excited for you guys. We can't wait till you guys get back with them. Jake does not know it yet but he is going to be best buds with the two of them. All he knows right now is that stage 1 foods are awesome. He punished he sweet potatoes the other night, not to crazy about peas though:) We love you all and we are praying for you. Keep posting pictures, they are great!

Johnny said...

Hello James, Penny, and boys. My eyes teared when Bro. Mark put the picture on the screen at church Sunday of you all. Everyone at church is thrilled for you. We're looking forward to seeing you and the boys soon. May God continue to bless you.