Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Monday Pics











Here are some pictures we took yesterday around the place where we are staying. As you can see the cuisine is very interesting. The stuff that looks like salsa is some type of chow chow and is very good. We eat a lot of soup and potatoes.

We walked down to the river and sat there for a while. It got much cooler yesterday so it was very pleasant. The temps will only be in the 70's this week. We also walked down to the local market and passed some interesting animals. I had to get out of the way of the cows. We also took a picture of a well that they get their water from. We only drink bottled water with no gas which is the light blue cap. They also have coke products. I had the best ice cream yesterday that I think I have ever tasted. It was grape and vanilla and when you got to the bottom of the cone it had chocolate in it. Mom I thought about how much Dad would have loved that (Kyle too). I will post more pictures of the boys this evening.

We went today and met with the Director of the orphanage and she is very pleased we are adopting the boys. She looked at pictures we had made on our camera and smiled. She also said that Micah was very sneaky. He has earned a reputation here at the orphanage. She will give us the paperwork we need to submit to the courts on Thursday. Her secretary was out today due to a death in the family. The director has to go to a conference in Kiev tomorrow so she said Thursday would be the earliest.

We went back to the SDA and picked up our dossier. The asst director was so nice and told Natalia she is very pleased for us. We told her we were very happy with the boys. She gave me a hug which was very surprising. Everyone has treated us so nice here. We went and found a place to make and extra copy of our dossier and now Natalia is trying to find someone to notarize it. The only people that are notaries here are people with some type of law degree. The problem is no one wants to do it. Pray that we will find someone tomorrow. It looks like it will be sometime next week before we can get an appointment with the court.

Please pray for me. I have caught a head cold and did not sleep much last night. I will post more this evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pen, the pics were very interesting to say the least. I'm sorry you are feeling bad. I pray that your symptoms will clear up and you will feel much better. I'm also praying that the adoption process will go smoothly and no more "glitches". I love you and can't wait to see more pics of Luke and Micah. Love, Mom

Jana said...

Hey James and Penny,I love and look forward to your posts everyday.  The pictures, of course, are my favorite.  I know things seem slow right now, but hang on.  I hope you feel better very soon.  I will call you on Wednesday to check in.Hang in there,Jana

Anonymous said...

Penny, so sorry to hear that you have a cold, I pray that you get better really fast. I have enjoyed all the pics you posted, the one with the hen and babies is precious. Everyone I work with ask each day in our morning meeting how things are going with you. We are all praying for you. The furry babies are doing good, Eli's ear continues to get better and he seems to be content with everything now, Jags of course just wants to play ball :)
I just love Ms. Betty, she and I have become quick friends.
Hope you have a restful night and a great day tomorrow. God Bless!