Sunday, August 24, 2008

Waking up to a Bang!



We woke up the morning to the sound of a loud clanging on these bells. They hit them with a hammer to symbolize it is time for church. Pastor- this may be a good way to get people to come to Sunday School. There's no way you can sleep thru the noise.ha ha

We had another good visit with the boys.When we went to get Micah he ran to me and gave me a big hug!We went outside and they ran, played and giggled. They had a race to see who could finish their juice first and of course our little piglet Micah won. Micah broke his water gun yesterday so he did not have one to play with. He got too rough and broke Luke's today. Of course you know what came next, he had to be punished and was put in time out. He is learning that there are consequences to his behavior. This biggest thing we have to work on will be his squealing. I can see us now on that long flight home and he starts squealing. Don't worry, I brought children's benadryl.

Please pray for Micah as he has a very runny nose. I'm not sure if we are allowed to give him any medication but will find out. I brought children's motrin. The good thing is that it is just a very runny nose and no fever.

There is a picture below of Luke holding up a picture he colored for us. They are both right handed. Luke likes to use all the colors and Micah likes to use one color on his picture.

Also, pray that we get some much needed rest. It is very noisy at night and our bed is not the most comfortable one we have ever slept on. We just keep pretending we are camping since we have to leave the windows open and there are no screens on them.

We added a few pics below. The big building is where we are staying. Below also are some pics of the city. The one of the Ukraine flags is the circle that everyone goes around and the cars just blend together.

We wish we could be at church today. We want everyone to know what an awesome God we serve. He has provided for us more than we can think or imagine. We pray He continues to bless everyone that has had a hand in our journey.

Ginger- I'm glad to hear that Eli is feeling better. It also comforts me that he is letting you hold him and love on him. I was worried about him getting depressed but sounds like everything is going very good. I'm so glad God brought you into our lives. There is a picture below of a dog that came up while we were playing with the boys. He grabbed the tennis ball and started walking off. We played ball with him and it reminded us of home. The boys are a little scared of suboka's (dogs) but I think today they enjoyed watching us throw the ball and the dog bring it back to us.

Mom, Betty and Chris G.- thanks for going to the house and working on their room. I know it will be wonderful. We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pen, I loved talking to my two precious grandsons over the phone, even if they do call me "Babushka". MeMe will come soon enough. Their room is now ready for decorating. I think MaMa, PaPa and the boys will be pleased. Betty and I have enjoyed doing it together.I pray you will come home sooner than expected - I miss you and James so much and long to hold my newest grandsons. I will pray for your rest - Love Mom - "Babushka MeMe"