Thursday, September 25, 2008

Another Groundhog Day!

















Well it's another groundhog day here in Bila Tservka. Not much going on today. It was rainy and cold so we did not go outside and play. I think Melissa said we have had 10 straight days of rain. Can you imagine the sun not shining for 10 days. This is the rainy season for Ukraine and they were needing rain so they are very thankful. Don't get me wrong we are thankful for rain but when you have 2 boys full of energy you look forward to going out to play.

Today Micah got us in trouble again with his screaming and squealing. The Asst Director just walked in and handed us the key to her office. We're afraid she is going to start thinking we are trying to get him to scream so we can go play there. The boys always have a great time playing. They love the turtle computer and the rocking horse. Today Micah found a small flashlight in the backpack and so we had to find one for Luke. Thank goodness my travelon purse has a little on that snaps on the inside. They like anything that lights up. We only spent about an hour since our taxi was late.

After the orphanage we went to the supermarket to pick up a few things. They were putting out hot pizza pastries so of course we had to get them. They take pastry and melt cheese and either mushrooms, red peppers or ham on them. It's a nice change from mystery meat. James found a bottle of ketchup for the mystery meat. We will try anything to doctor it up. I found a jar of pickles that had the dill and garlic in them. Mom it's the closest thing I have had to Billy Ray's homemade pickles in a long time. We found popcorn already popped. We have not opened it yet. Hopefully it will be good. Isn't it amazing the little things that give us comfort and can make our day. God is so good.

Don't forget to pray for Rick and Melissa. They have their hearing tomorrow. We have no doubt everything will be fine. We are planning on going to celebrate tomorrow evening with a night out on the town. A trip to the local pizza parlor and the outdoor market. This time we will try to get pictures of the market.

Martha- Congratulations! Tell your daughter we are praying that she has a healthy baby and we know one grandma that will spoil that baby rotten.

Kathy- We are so glad you get chatty. We can't wait to see what words of encouragement God will give you for the day. Tell Pastor we did get his blog and tell Miss Margie we have been getting hers also.

We are down to 1 week from tomorrow and we can pick up our boys. Please be in prayer that the courts will have our documents completed by that day so there will be no delays in picking up the boys. Also pray that we have no roadblocks when we go to get their birth certificates. In this country one piece of paper can add days to your stay so we are praying against that in the Name of Jesus!

Love and Blessings to everyone,

Penny, James, Luke and Micah

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely you don't think I would spoil a grandchild do you? Just because I have already started buying things and planning my nursery. I am so surprised you would even suggest that.(lol) Yes we are continuing to pray that the rest of the paperwork will go extremely smooth. Tell Melissa and Rick that I will be praying for their day in court as well.Hopefully not at 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning but if God has me pray for them in the wee hours as He did for you, then I will do it. Tommorrow night when you go out to celebrate as I am sure you will, enjoy it and know that God is helping you through these "Groundhog Days". You are loved and you are missed. Looking forward to seeing you both and meeting the guys. Love to you all.

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

At least you get to spend some time with your little darlings!!
Hoping the best for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Ok I just got it - the groundhog day thing - I just got it. The same ole' same ole' repeating itself - right? WOW! I just got it - funny!! :O) Love it.
Holding RIck and Melissa up in prayer - tell them - what GOd did for you - hey - He'll do it again.
I have been up to my eyeballs in peppers and okra today. Miss ALice has blessed us with fresh veggies and me and Caleb cut them up and put them in bags for the freezer today. Well - - needless to say - my floor could stand a mop about now - but Pastor has decided to put brakes on his car - - (oh - it's only 9:26 pm here.) Yes, He is hyper or something - maybe scared - He's put off this brake thing for awhile. He came in with his tail on fire about it. I wonder what happened. He hasn't said exactly but I'm thinking - Hmmm - he had a fright on the way home. ha ha - - Guess I'll be getting out my chair and headed to the garage. He doesn't like to work alone. I have to be there for moral support you know. Good thing we're in the country and way up on the hill - Pj's are gonna have to work. HAHA - OK what day are we on now??? I am getting so excited now!! Counting down days! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!! :O)
LOve you sooooooo much!!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Ok - I thought you might like an update. It's now 10:52 (PM) and Mark is now trying to clean up - He is rather greasy now. No - NASTY is the word. REALLY NASTY! It may take days to get his hands clean again. But he came thru the brake job and didn't get squashed beneath the car. I figure that's a win.
Sometime back he had moved everything out of the garage (Including his tools) - he got really radical about the garage that day. I remember teling him - - don't you think you need the tools in the garage. No - he said - I want everything out. Well He moved EVERYTHING to the other side of the house (quite a distance) in a little storage building. Oh - just getting started tonight took 30 - 45 minutes. Finding the right tool thingie. He'd get set down to do something to that tire thing and whatever he had was the wrong size - so back to the building - - all around the other side of the house - - THis happened - oh, at least 7 - 8 times. Did I say I told you so??? Well - what do you think?? :O) Of course I did. Just couldn't by pass that golden opportunity - It just fell in my lap. :O) But I did good. I held the flashlight. Hee hee. It's rather chilly tonight but nice. Rachel will love this weather. Fall and winter are her favorite times of the year. Summer is just too hot for her. She loves these cooler days. I think it's gotten quiet in yonder - - I better go check. Love you lots and lots

Kathy

Anonymous said...

It's actually the 26th now - and there isn't a blog for today so - - WOW you get 3 blogs on the same day from me. You really didn't know I was so gabby did you?? Ask Martha. :O)
Cooper is asleep for his morning nap - Caleb is at Kindergarten and I have a few free moments.
GOOD MORNING HOLCOMBS IN UKRAINE!!!
ALSO Big hello to Rick and Melissa.
Right now Pastor headed up to the house to pray - for 2 hours - he said (sometimes it gets longer - - he loses track of time) After that He is headed to the church to pull up carpet! YES Pull up carpet. They actually got the old sound booth torn out one day this week. Well low and behold there was a gigantic hole - no carpet - just cement looking back up at us. So the guys got together and decided to recarpet the space beneath the balcony. It's going to look great. Don't worry - you will see it soon as you get back - and your little boys will start laying down the track on it!! :O) I Love it - just love it. Bunches and bunches of kids - I just love it. Church life just doesn't get better than that!! BUNCHES OF KIDS!!!!!! YEA!!!
The boys will absolutely love Miss Carolyn's class. Caleb is hooked on her. She really has a gift to work with our little folks and the wonderful thing is SHE LOVES IT!
Please say hello to Luke and Micah from Pastor and Miss Kathy! That's 2 names I want them to learn - :O)
What a hog I am!! ha ha.
Oh - I could just go on and on but have a great day - - -
I could be back - - around afternoon nap time!! HEE HEE
Kathy

Jana said...

Hey James and Penny,
Hope all is well today. I know the countdown is on and I am thrilled for you both. Once again, I received my encouragment for the day. I can't wait to see you, I will call and check in with you on Monday. The boys look great and I can't wait to see them in person. Their picture is here above my desk. I am praying for these next days to go by quickly.
Love,
Jana