Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Open Up It's the Policia!

























I guess I should start out by explaining the 1st picture. No, you are not seeing things. That is James! What started out as trimming up his mustache and beard turned into shaving it all off. He messed up his mustache so he decided he would try something new. Needless to say I have never seen my husband without his goatee so this was a little bit of a shock to me. He plans on growing it back but I think he looks younger. At least I was honest about why he cut it off. I could have said he has gone crazy!!

Now to explain the title of today's blog. I have a cold again and was not feeling very well so I did not go out to the orphanage today. James had been gone about 10 minutes when I heard a knock on the door. I asked who is it and they said "Policia". I thought maybe they had the wrong room. The 3 of them showed me their badges which meant nothing to me since I cannot read Ukrainian. He asked to see my documents. I told them I only speak English. He said passport please. I showed them my passport and they wanted to know why we were in the country. I explained we were here adopting children and we were waiting on a court date. He said ok and they left. I went and looked out the window and saw all 3 get back into their car. I was a little shaken and had no way to contact anyone since James had the phone. Finally Melissa and Rick came back from visiting their son and we called James. He in turn called Sasha. Sasha felt everything was ok and that someone here at the hotel was just wondering why we were here so long. You can only stay in the country 90 days at a time so I guess they thought we had been here that long. It sure does feel like it. Anyway everything is ok and we did not get interrogated by the KGB.

When James arrived at the orphanage the kids were all upstairs watching a magic show. James was able to go in and the boys came to sit with him. All the kids were dressed up and each received a balloon. James said all the kids were clapping but Micah. He sat there like he was trying to figure out the tricks. He is inquisitive and wants to know how everything works. There is a picture of a real pretty little dark haired girl on here that I would also love to take home with me. She always comes up and gives us a hug.

After the show the guy came out and asked James if he enjoyed the show. James was surprized because the guy spoke Russian during the entire show. He said to the guy you speak English and he said I hope so since I'm from the United States. They were here with a group called helpthechildren.com.ua. He is from San Diego.

James was able to go back to Luke's room and get a couple of pictures of him by his bed. He gave Luke a cookie that is chocolate over marshmellow. He took a picture of him picking off the chocolate and eating it first. Luke was very sad that Papa was leaving so James had to call Natalya and get her to explain we would see him tomorrow. He understood and gave James a kiss and said Paka (bye). I was happy to hear that at least Luke asked where I was. Micah is always too busy to notice things.
James said he went downstairs to say bye to Micah and he never looked up from his balloon he just kissed him real quick and said Paka.

This moring our taxi did not show up so we waited a long time and Natalya had to call us another one. While we were waiting one of our regular drivers (Tola) came in to the health resort to get some type of treatment. He could not believe we did not have a taxi so he tried to call us another one. We told him we needed to go to the pharmacy to get medicine since I was sick. We pointed at my throat. Before I knew it he was taking me to the back past what looked like exam rooms. He took me to a nurse (at least I think she was) and pointed to a machine for a breathing treatment. He said something to the nurse and she grabbed a mask. I said nyet, nyet, nyet. (no, no ,no) I don't need a breathing treatment. Tola was just trying to help me but we all had a good laugh that I almost got gassed.

Our papers did not get signed at the SDA today so we are praying that it gets done tomorrow. We need to have our court date by Friday or it will extend our stay by another week. I don't think we can take 3 more weeks. We just want to get home and bond with our boys and see our family and friends. Please be in prayer that it gets signed tomorrow. We know God will not put any more on us than we can handle but we need to get home!!

Kenny, Martha, Allison - thanks for your comments!

Mom- tell Kyle we show his "brothers" his picture and repeat his name to them.
Grandma- we are told you are opening up a toy store. Ha ha

We love and miss you all!

Penny, James, Luke and Micah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. I will definitely be praying that healing will come quickly to your body as Jesus has already paid the price for it. Ya'll were prayed for by a group we meet together with for prayer and Bible study last night. We are praying that the court date will be set quickly. I know you are wondering how much longer you can hold out but you are going to make it by the grace of God. Please know that God is not unaware of anything going on - even the police stopping by. James you do look younger. What did the boys think when they saw you? Penny, remember rest and lots of fluids. Take care and know that we are praying.

Anonymous said...

Penny and James,
I have a story to tell you, I think it will give you a good laugh. I had a fight with your new roof on your back porch this morning. I have been getting to your house early around 6:45 because we are short handed at work so I try to get there early. I have a routine with the dogs. I have to scratch Eli's belly as he presents it to me while he's laying in his little bed(smile) after a good scratch he is ready to go outside. While he is attending to his business it's play time between me and Jagz. Now keep in mind that I do NOT have a good throwing arm but this morning was special :) I threw the ball straight into the roof and it proceeded to make a VERY LOUD BANG and then bounce back and hit me square in the forehead. I'm suprised the neighbors didn't call the police. The best part is Jagz. He looked at me as if to say Lady have you lost your mind? It was soooo funny. His expression was priceless. Anyway, I'm fine, just hurt my pride. I just wanted to share my interesting morning with you. Eli was unmoved by it all. God Bless and I pray and believe you will have a court date tomorrow!

Darlene said...

Hey, we miss you sooooo much. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to blog, but I have just gotten still enough to figure out how to blog, (dumb, huh). Just to let you know we have been reading all along your blogs, we are so excited and can't hardly wait to hug Micah and Luke. Both of the boys are beautiful. We are praying for you to hurry home, and now, for you to get well. James, you look nice. But I agree with Penny, I like the goatee better. Penny, we know that the manifestation of healing is there now and we are believing that from this moment, yours, James, and the boys health will be good. Know that we are praying for you all, that things will go speedily and before you know it you will be home. Talk to you soon. Love ya, Darlene, John, Heather, and Levi

Anonymous said...

JAMES WITHOUT A HAIRY FACE !!!
James - did you know that - wow - your face is like naked now?? HA HA
KIDDING - - - It looks great. I couldn't resist ribbing you a bit.

:O)
Kathy