Monday, October 6, 2008

Couple of Pics of St. Ardrews Church and then NO BLOGGER




Well last night and tonight both we have had problems with Blogger. It won't even let us download anymore for now. We had some more pics of the church and of the market we went too but we did get I think two of them on here.

I hope all is well with everyone. We are great cause we are getting closer to coming home. We are very homesick and need to see our family and friends baaaaad (as one of my boss' Craig would say). I hope everyone at B&B is doing fine and I hope I still have a job left when I finally make it back. I hope all is well at Faith Worship Center and that Darlene is keeping Pastor straight (I know that is got to be a tough job at times). I just want to thank Sister Cathy, Miss Margee, and Martha Wallace for all the very encouraging words you send us. They mean the world to us. When you are this far away and very homesick and you turn on the computer and there is a comment for you left on here, wow, it is like a kid at Christmas with the anticipation of Santa coming. We love the comment and love you. Keep them up please. I'm a BIG teddy bear when it comes to hugs and you 3 are definetly in for one. LOL

Today they came by and took the boys pics today for the Passports. Everything is moving as planned and Saturday is still looking like the day we escape Ukraine. We just want to come home with our boys and get our lives started at home. It seems like we have been here for a year. Everyone here, except for a couple of folks, has been really nice to us and treated us like we live here. (But they all do look at us funny when we go out on the street or to eat, We just look back. LOL) We act like we know what they are saying and even us our own words in English that sound like what they are saying. Its a fun game we play. Just to pass the time you know. We also are watching tv here now in Kiev, but we can't make out what they are saying unless its a movie from the USA and we can figure it out sometimes. We did get out to go to a new park just down the road from us. It's like new and they loved it. After they played for a while we went on a little further and found a market that Ben told us about. It was small but it had what we needed and the boys had a blast. They have never been a store as of yesterday and they think its Disney Land. Penny said we really will have a time with them in Walmart.

Well, I'm not sure it this blog will post but I am now going to try it. I hope we can give you more pics tomorrow. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I thought I knew what prayes where, but I only knew some, Penny and I both have learned what having a Heavenly Father and a Saviour like Jesus is all about. What true faith is. When you have no control over anything and you have to rely on something or someone, what a great feeling to know that that someone is Jesus Christ. He created the Heavens and the Earth so I know he will get us through this. Please, if you don't know Jesus, look up, thank him for bringing you into this world and ask him to save you for the eternal one, Heaven. Ask him to forgive you, save you, and then trust him and turn from your ways now before it is too late. I encourage you to read the Gospel of John if you just got saved or if you are already a Christian but have not been following Christ the way you know he wants you too. Read it and live by it. Its tough and I fall short all the time but he has always been there to pick me up, dust me off, and stand me back on my feet. What a Saviour Jesus is. I love you all. Hope to see you all real soon.

James, Penny, Luke and Micah Holcombe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

STUBBORN BLOGGER THINGIE - Well, I hope you can read the blogs - I'll keep blogging in the event you can still read our comments. Even if you can't get any pics or info to download - - hey you are still being lifted up before the Heavenly Father! It's late afternoon here and Cooper has just left with his mama - laughing and jumping the whole way! Caleb went to get a haircut with his dad. His mom said he was getting a little bit on the shaggy order - I always think he's cute - long hair or short - Don't matter. HE's just cute. (ahhhhh - there goes a proud nana again!! hee hee)
The language thing really weirded me out when we were traveling. Even tho' folks spoke english - they spoke spanish to each other and only when spoken directly to would they speak back in english. If you had any kind of a complex you'd think - -"are they talking about me???" :O) BUt we're so confident - -right ???? that we don't think that. RIght?? :o)Remember this feeling. The boys will be entering that same atmosphere when they arrive here in the USA. But they're so young - it's gonna be easy for them. Hey - who knows - the two of you may be speaking fluent Russian in a few months. Hmmmmm. Know this - without a doubt - - we're thinking of you. Pastor is getting very anxious to see you! Don't be surprized at anything - he may be at the airport - who knows!! He does get wild ideas !! haha

Ok another day down and just a few to go!!
We love you!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Well the count down is moving faster. I looked at the clock and realized you will be getting up for Tuesday in probably a very short time. I am almost ready for bed. I must admit I love the pictures but I do love the blogs more. You are so very generous to share your days with all of us. I can't thank you enough. Yes you are still in my prayers that things will continue to go smoothly and that everything will stay on schedule. The boys are going to think they have found a gold mine when they go to Wal Mart and just wait until you take them to a Toys R Us. Quick hide the check books now!!! Of course from what I have been reading on some of these blogs your house may be the Etowah County branch of Toys R Us as some grands have been in charge. Once again give each other a hug and some to Luke and Micah and say this is from Martha. Love you all four.

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Hope is sitting in my lap helping me to write to you. I asked her what to say and she said "I love you and that's all I want to say".
I know you are very excited about coming home with the boys. Your life will never be the same. But it will be more fun than you have ever had. We love you and are thinking about you.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
MISS MARGIE