Saturday, October 11, 2008

A New Hairdo, Amen!
















Hello everyone, we are laying here thinking about how we can't wait to get home in a couple of days. As you can see in the pics Mama and Papa got new hairdo's tonight. After the boy's had their bath and got their hair dried they decided Mama and Papa needed a new look.

Every night they say their prayers before they go to bed. They repeat after me or James. I love to hear them say "I love you Jesus". It is some of the sweetest words. They also pray before every meal.

Today we went to the big market to get enough supplies to last thru Tuesday night. Ben came and picked us up. He had 2 booster seats so we put the boys in them. They did great! We were afraid they would not like being buckled in but they actually liked it because they could see out better. We put each of them in a shopping cart when we got to the market. They were really good. Luke wanted to buy everything on the shelves. Micah would try to grab a few things but he would hand it to Mama. Ben helped us shop since we can't read the labels and some things you have no idea what it is. Tonight we were able to eat beef and mixed vegetables. We had no seasoning except salt and then James remembered we had Pepsi. The Pepsi caramelized in the pan and it tasted like Teryaki. The boys loved it. They would not eat any vegetables except the corn.

Rachel- we have a request. We plan on being at church next Sunday and the boys love "I Am A Friend of God". Will you please sing it that Sunday. The boys sing this all the time. They love all the songs from the Lakewood CD but that is their favorite.

Well, both boys have come in here and climbed in the bed with us so I guess it's back to getting them back in their bed and trying to get them to sleep. Their new game is to keep telling us they love us and giving us kisses so we want leave them. Until tomorrow.............

The Holcombe's

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A game of hugs, kisses and I love yous - Yep - I like that game. I hope that's one that you play with these little guys forever. I do with my kids. We're definitely huggers in my family.
You sound actually peaceful today. I am so glad! I think it's your faith shining through. Everyday is another day deeper in the Lord and in His walk and as you have said - you have learned to "totally" lean on Him and I can clearly hear it. I am so proud of ya'll. The boys look so settled with you now - mama and papa. :O) I am passing your request on to Rachel. Tell those little guys - we hear them and we love them. Special dedication going out with that song!!
HEY LUKE! HEY MICAH!
I'll be checking back in with you a little later!
Love you and counting down!!!!!!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

You know I guess I have never realized how wonderful it is to know what is in each can or box that I buy has in it. We don't realize how much we have to be thankful for. I think your journey is helping a lot more than just you. It really won't be long now. The time will move quickly. It is so hared to insist they go back to bed when you are getting hugs and kisses and I love yous. So just enjoy and indulge - yes I am a Mimi now and I know I do a little spoiling - okay a lot of spoiling but the hand book says I am allowed. Love to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Just a word before calling it a night. Caleb is spending the night with nana - and as I am blogging - he's copying everything he can get his hands on in here! He's even copying his hand. WHEW! I gotta talk fast before the whole office is filled up with stuff. He's rather convinced that all this is "for papa". UH OH - He has begun to empty the filing cabinet - - that's not good. Papa is praying right now and nana is the only eyes on board - yep - now he's discovered the whole ream of paper in the cabinet. He NEEDED more paper you know.
Caleb says to say "Hi" and "Hope wants to say that she wants to know when you all are coming home." (I guess he and Hope have talked it over) Ok - it doesn't take long to cover the floor!!! Well - at least you know what my job will be - - monday - - (Sunday is already full)
Can't wait to hear from you tomorrow!
Love you all
HEY LUKE! HEY MICAH!
kathy

Anonymous said...

I have 2 spend the night guests to-night. Trey was already asleep when they arrived, but Hope helped me shell peas, cut okra, and then she wanted to get another bath in my tub. She also fell asleep while we were reading so I called their mom and told her to just go home and get some sleep because they were already sleeping.
I loved seeing you get new hairdo's
and I'm sure the boys loved it too.
who knows,we may have some budding hairdressers on our hands. We do need some good ones.We love you and are looking forward to your homecoming!

GOOD NIGHT AND GOD BLESS
MISS MARGIE